Have you ever wondered about the difference between standard and ENERGY STAR appliances like energy efficient refrigerators, washers, dryers, furnaces and air conditioners? We’ve identified the top 5 reasons ENERGY STAR appliances carry this designation.
ENERGY STAR is a joint program of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) originally formed in 1996 to help homeowners save money and protect the environment through energy efficient products and practices. According to ENERGY STAR, Americans who followed the program’s guidelines saved enough energy in 2010 to cut greenhouse gas emissions equivalent to 33 million cars AND saved a collective $18 billion on household utility bills. Today, ENERGY STAR is a national, recognizable symbol on over 60 home product categories (and thousands of models) that homeowners trust when they are buying energy efficient appliances.
Top 5 Reasons ENERGY STAR Appliances Are a Great Investment
- ENERGY STAR appliances include energy efficient refrigerators, dishwashers, clothes washers and dryers, furnaces, air conditioners, ceiling fans, freezers, water coolers, dehumidifiers and air purifiers.
- Since heating and cooling represent nearly half of a home’s energy consumption and costs, ENERGY STAR appliances such as ENERGY STAR geothermal heat pumps, programmable thermostats and energy efficient furnaces and air conditioners can significantly lower utility bills. Plus, as of December 1, 2009, homeowners who install ENERGY STAR geothermal heat pumps are eligible for an unlimited 30% federal renewable energy tax credit.
- ENERGY STAR appliances deliver the same or BETTER performance as comparable appliance models while using LESS energy and saving MORE money. In addition to cutting household energy bills, ENERGY STAR appliances help homeowners reduce greenhouse gas emissions, limit waste production and improve indoor air quality.
- With ENERGY STAR appliances, homeowners don’t sacrifice budget, performance, features, style or comfort because the standards for appliances to qualify for this designation are so high.
- If qualified ENERGY STAR appliances cost more than their conventional, less energy efficient counterparts, buyers will be able to recover their investment through lower utility bills within a reasonable period of time.
Ask a GeoElite dealer how ENERGY STAR appliances such as ENERGY STAR geothermal heat pumps can help you save money, while you protect the planet!
Contact Cold Craft, Inc. a certified ClimateMaster dealer in the San Jose area California for more information about geothermal heating and cooling to see if it is a good fit for you. Cold Craft is celebrating 25 years serving the SF Bay Area since. Let’s see if our innovates solutions and technical excellence is a good fit for you. 408.374.7292.