Another Local Carbon Monoxide Death (Apartment Building)

As the cooler weather comes upon us the heating system in your home should be safety tested and tuned up to prevent tragic accidents like this one.  Althought the carbon monoxide detector was going off it was too late for one individual.

The CO detector is a good start in protection but, it is no match for acute CO concentrations in the home, a person may be disorientated and unable to find the exit.

Protect your home with a licenced HVAC contractor like Cold Craft, Inc. in Campbell, CA 408.374.7292.  Now offering a $50 furnace tune up rebate.

Here is the information on the latest loss from carbon monoxide...

Carbon Monoxide Death in San Francisco Apartment Building

By NBC Bay Area staff

taraval1

Stephanie Chuang
Apartment building at 1255 Taraval Street in San Francisco where person died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Oct. 8, 2014

One person died after firefighters responded to a carbon monoxide alarm in San Francisco's Parkside neighborhood early Wednesday morning.

The alarm was reported at 5:08 a.m. at a multi-unit building at 1255 Taraval St. and had apparently been sounding for hours, according to San Francisco fire officials.

Residents of the building were evacuated.

A high-profile carbon monoxide death in 1999 in Berkeley of a pregnant teenage girl, revealed that the apartment's owner, Lakireddy Bali Reddy, was illegally importing and employing illegal immigrants from India to work in his properties and sometimes be his sex slaves.

In 2001, he was convicted of human trafficking, conspiracy to commit immigration fraud and filing a false tax return.

If you need help with indoor comfort or air quality, contact Cold Craft, Inc.

408.374.7292 or INFO@COLDCRAFT.COM

Share This:Share on FacebookShare on Google+Tweet about this on TwitterPin on PinterestShare on LinkedInDigg thisShare on RedditShare on StumbleUponEmail this to someonePrint this page