Just because your furnace is not broken doesn’t mean that it is safe.  Older furnaces (10 years and older) definitely should have an annual inspection.

Scroll down for recent links to autum 2012 Carbon Monoxide cases, this is the beginning of the heating season, don’t get caught with an unsafe furnace.

Links courtesy of carbonmonoxidekills.com

Actually there are several things that can make your furnace or other fuel burning devices in your home unsafe such as flame rollout, gas leaks, a disconnected or blocked flue or a cracked heat exchanger inside the furnace can be responsible for allowing dangerous carbon monoxide gas to enter your home and into the air you breathe.  Older furnaces are especially dangerous and are in need of inspection.  Carbon monoxide is so dangerous because it is odorless and colorless.  The symptoms mimic a stomachache or headache.  It is hard to determine that the symptoms are from CO (Carbon Monoxide) so some people just treat the symptoms.  CO could be deadly. For this reason we are focusing on Carbon Monoxide in this blog.

natural draft hood-resized-600


A recent change in California law requires a CO Detector to be installed in residences.  This is a precaution to help avoid CO poisoning, however, the home heating system should be inspected by a professional annually to assure proper and operation.

Cold Craft, Inc. is a 20 year old company in Campbell, CA with NATE certified tempologists that can help you get that needed safety check to avoid a catastrophic incident.  We work on residential as well as commercial properties in heating, air conditioning, repair and installation of HVAC equipment.



Fire Department Responds to Carbon Monoxide Emerge

No one was injured in the incident Tuesday afternoon on Boyd Road.

Nov 21, 2012, 12:40

Fire crews help after car sets off carbon monoxide

LONDONDERRY – A Boyd Road resident called on the aid of the Londonderry Fire Department after fumes from an idling car apparently set off his carbon monoxide detectors.

Nov 21, 2012, 12:37

Coroner: Indiana Co. man died of carbon monoxide p

NDIANA COUNTY, Pa. — The Indiana County Coroner said a White Township man died from carbon monoxide poisoning as a result of smoke inhalation when his mobile home went up in flames Sunday evening.

Nov 21, 2012, 12:35

After the super storm clear up

When the water has receded don’t forget to check appliances

Nov 5, 2012, 16:43

Www.carbonmonoxidekills.com welcomes new Northern

Rob Aiers founder of www.carbonmonoxidekills.com says when will the rest of the UK catch up.

Oct 31, 2012, 08:37

Carbon monoxide kills, founder sends warning to st

Rob Aiers founder of www.carboknmonoxidekills.com sends a warning to storm victims, Beware of generators!

Oct 30, 2012, 23:09

Dr David Penney carbon monoxide toxicologist arriv

Dr David Penney the worlds foremost toxicologist on the subject of carbon monoxide spend some time in the UK educating the educators.

Oct 26, 2012, 07:17

Mine shaft pair died from carbon monoxide poisonin

A post-mortem has revealed that two men found dead in an abandoned mine on the Coromandel peninsular died from carbon monoxide poisoning.

Oct 16, 2012, 11:39

Lynch to sign carbon monoxide, fire prevention mea

CONCORD, N.H. — Gov. John Lynch is signing fire-prevention proclamations for New Hampshire.

Oct 3, 2012, 11:45

Carbon monoxide detected at Westview High School

Avondale fire officials detected a small amount of carbon monoxide in the office area of Westview High School on Tuesday. Read more: https://www.azcentral.com/community/swvalley/articles/2012/10/02/20121002avondale-carbon-monoxide-detected-westview-high

Oct 3, 2012, 11:43

Two Elkin children dead after carbon monoxide pois

A 7-year-old boy and an 8-year-old girl are dead and their mother, Kathryn Gilliam, was transported to Duke University Hospital early Wednesday morning after apparent carbon monoxide poisoning in their Elkin home, according to Surry County emergency o

Oct 3, 2012, 11:42

Baby may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning R

CUMBERLAND, Ky. — A 9-month-old girl found dead in an eastern Kentucky home may have died of carbon monoxide poisoning. Read more here: https://www.sacbee.com/2012/10/01/4871402/baby-may-have-died-of-carbon-monoxide.html#storylink=cpy

Oct 2, 2012, 12:43

North St. Louis carbon monoxide leak sends one to


Sep 25, 2012, 10:53

Ohio couple says stray cat saved their lives when

MOUNT GILEAD, Ohio — A central Ohio couple credits a stray cat they adopted with saving their lives when carbon monoxide filled their home.

Sep 25, 2012, 10:51

Two hospitalized after possible carbon monoxide po

SUBURBAN BOCA RATON — Two people were taken to a local hospital this morning after possible exposure to carbon monoxide in a blood mobile parked outside of Olympic Heights Community High School.

Sep 14, 2012, 22:18

sk Dr. K: Carbon monoxide monitors save lives

Q What is carbon monoxide? And why do I need carbon monoxide monitors in my house? A Carbon monoxide is a tasteless, colorless, odorless gas. It sounds harmless, but breathing it in can cause carbon monoxide poisoning, which can be fatal.

Sep 14, 2012, 22:15

Father’s carbon monoxide plea after son died cooki

A father has pleaded to campers to be aware of the dangers of using disposable BBQs after his son died of carbon monoxide poisoning after cooking burgers in his camper van.

Sep 6, 2012, 09:59

Nine children treated for carbon monoxide poisonin

OSAGE — A Labor Day road trip nearly turned tragic for one family Monday night. Eight children were admitted to Mercy Hospital in Berryville and a ninth was airlifted to Springfield after the gasoline generator in their RV leaked carbon monoxide.

Sep 5, 2012, 11:41

Carbon Monoxide Leak at State Fairgrounds Sends 1

15 workers left the Exposition Hall at the State Fairgrounds and 13 went to a hospital, complaining of headaches early this afternoon.

Sep 5, 2012, 11:39

Generators Can Solve a Home’s Power Outage Problem

MILWAUKEE, Sept. 4, 2012 /PRNewswire/ — Powerful storms have caused numerous widespread power outages in 2012, leaving residents looking for a permanent remedy to keep their families safe and comfortable.

Sep 4, 2012, 13:07

Family Sickened By Carbon Monoxide in Glenarden, M

GLENARDEN, Md. (WUSA) — A family’s prompt reaction to call paramedics after being exposed to carbon monoxide (CO) saved their lives.

Sep 4, 2012, 13:05

P.G. family of 5 sickened by carbon monoxide

A family of five was taken to a hospital after being exposed to carbon monoxide in their Prince George’s County home, officials said.

Sep 4, 2012, 12:54

Carbon Monoxide Levels Spike at Elkridge Hotel

The Holiday Inn Express on Marshalee Drive was evacuated Monday morning after high levels of carbon monoxide were detected, said Jackie Cutler, spokeswoman for Howard County Department of Fire and Rescue Services.

Aug 28, 2012, 10:32

Residents urged to use generators safely for Isaac

MIAMI — Residents are being urged to use generators safely when Isaac passes through the state.

Aug 27, 2012, 00:29

Riverdale carbon monoxide poisoning victim dies


Aug 24, 2012, 11:45

Beware of carbon-monoxide sources and stay alive


Aug 24, 2012, 11:44

Grant buys carbon monoxide equipment for St. Louis

Parcel Insurance Plan partnered with Fireman’s Fund Insurance Co. to donate about $12,000 to the St. Louis Fire Department for equipment to get fast results of a person’s carbon monoxide levels.

Aug 24, 2012, 11:42

Prevention key in carbon monoxide safety

As Tennesseans pack up and head out to their favorite campsites, the State Fire Marshal’s Office urges campers to be aware of carbon monoxide dangers in and around tents and RVs.

Aug 23, 2012, 11:01

Oregon OSHA is encouraging employers to take preca

. This summer, employees at three Portland-area worksites were exposed to high levels while operating gas-powered equipment. Exposure can cause nausea, dizziness, he

Aug 23, 2012, 10:59

Council passes ordinance to allow prosecution of c

The Beloit City Council unanimously approved an ordinance Monday that would allow the city to prosecute violations of laws regarding carbon monoxide detectors in homes in municipal court.

Aug 22, 2012, 11:26

Missing Garberville man found dead Monday

A Garberville man who was last seen in July was found dead of carbon monoxide poisoning, according to information released Tuesday by the Rio Dell Police Department.

Aug 22, 2012, 11:19

Detectors in every Loveland home?

Loveland Fire Rescue’s new grant moves the city closer to all homes having smoke and carbon monoxide alarms

Aug 20, 2012, 13:39

Warning to festival campers about carbon monoxide

Health Protection Warning to festival campers about carbon monoxide BBQ risk August is the month for music festivals, with Sunflowerfest, Electric Picnic and the Leeds and Reading festivals all taking place, providing the perfect opportunity for campe

Aug 20, 2012, 13:37

Vanessa Robinson: One night I had my two kids, and

EXCLUSIVE: WOULD you have the strength to go on if you lost your two boys to carbon monoxide poisoning?

Aug 20, 2012, 13:34

Carbon monoxide poisoning: an underestimated threa

Carbon monoxide poisoning: an underestimated threat Study finds 450 Americans die, more than 2,000 are hospitalized each year.

Aug 20, 2012, 13:31

Firefighters remind BMS campers about fire and car

BRISTOL, Tenn. – Safety is the top concern for everyone camping outside of Bristol Motor Speedway this week. There are a few things firefighters say people can do to keep their home away from home free from danger.

Aug 20, 2012, 13:27



If you need help with temperature, contact Cold Craft, Inc.

408.374.7292 or [email protected]

By Published On: September 25, 2014

Share This Article!